Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Carmen Dog

posted by Tim Walters @ 11:57 AM

Started yesterday: Carol Emshwiller, Carmen Dog

Finished Sunday: M. John Harrison, A Storm Of Wings (re-read). What once seemed spellbindingly weird to me now seems to be trying a little too hard, but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

Read recently: Jack Vance, the Demon Princes series (fun, but would have been better spread out more); Ray Vuckevich, Meet Me In The Moon Room (outstanding surreal short stories); Curtis Roads, The Computer Music Tutorial (not much here I didn't know, but it sparked a few ideas); Poul Anderson, The Broken Sword (re-read, still rocks).

3 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Todd T said...

Let me try this out.

I read THE PASTEL CITY years ago and wasn't sure what to think. Ever since, I've heard things that made me think I must surely have loved it. I must re-read that some time. I've also read several of the stories in VIRICONIUM NIGHTS. Have you read any of the Viriconium shorts?

Vukcevich is excellent, yet unheard of except among the sub-sub-sub species of fen that are reading Link and such.

I see that I cannot see your post while I comment, so of course I have already forgotten what else you mentioned. More later, I guess, as I learn the ropes.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Tim Walters said...

The Pastel City is more normal than subsequent books, with a strong Moorcock influence. After that things get more decadent and weird. I remember liking the stories, but it's been a while.

There's a "show original post" at the top left of the comment form for just that purpose.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Todd T said...

Aha! "Show original comment" is so needlessly obfuscatory, I never grasped what it was for ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home